TANDBERG Updates Profile to 1080p
TANDBERG's first announcement of 2009 (besides 4Q results on Monday) involves a major refresh of the TANDBERG Profile line in support of 1080p HD at 30 frames per second. The Profile portfolio is a range of integrated room-based systems with 42", 52" and dual 42" monitors, Precision 1080p camera and the C60 codec.
At the heart of the portfolio refresh is the new Codian C60 codec (rear view above). The key features of the C60 include:
- High Definition up to full 1080p
- Full duplex, 20 khz wideband stereo audio
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) and noise reduction on audio processing
- 4 way, 720p HD MultiSite* (in a future software release) with individual transcoding
- HD collaboration with UXGA* (in a future software release) and Full 1080p HD with superior motion handling (for H.239-based on-screen collaboration)
- Share up to three multimedia sources simultaneously
- Natural, intuitive user experience from screen layouts to the interface
- Simple, clear interface with context-sensitive menus
- Extensive APIs for unified communications or business process integration
- Video Inputs: 2 x HDMI, 2 x DVI-I, 1 x Composite
- Video Outputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI-I, 1 x Composite
- Audio Inputs: 4 x XLR (microphone) inputs, 2 x line level RCA connectors, 1 x HDMI
- Audio Outputs: 2 x line level RCA outputs (output 1 is configurable to [[S/PDIF]]), 1 x HDMI
- MSRP of $21,900
The C60 joins the C90 unit (announced in fall 2008) and the 720p capable 6000 MXP and 3000 MXP codecs.
The Profile portfolio incorporates the 3000 MXP Profile as a popular unit for customers requiring V.35 interface (to plug in the packet encryption/decryption box) or ISDN networking. The Profile 42" and 52" ship in 2 pieces that assemble as an approximately 200 pound single, streamlined unit. Peter Nutley also made a solid mention of the backside of the package which is cleanly finished in aluminum. The platform offers only three cables out of the platform – network, power and remote microphone pods. The 42" and 52" units can ship with casters for mobile requirements, while the 52" dual unit really doesn't move much. The line can also be wallmounted for fixed deployments.
Bandwidth consumption-wise, the C60 can deliver DVD-quality resolution at 512 kbps, 720p at 1.1 Mbps and 1080p takes about 2.5-3 Mbps. Profile MSRP starts at $38,900.
This post has already been read 0 times!