I got an email from Paul Sagoo, the Global Business Director of Skype Enterprise Solutions today. They're looking for companies to participate in an early adopter program. To participate, the Early Adopters need to be companies with over 1000 employees already using Skype or looking to implement Skype in the future.
Key features promised in the Enterprise version include:
- enterprise network compatibility (what does this mean?)
- Company-owned Skype Name creation – this must mean the company owns the corporate directory model
- Customizable (what does this mean?)
- Direct technical support from Skype
- Ongoing upgrades maintenance
Let me know if you'd like participate and I can send you their communication requirements.
This is a little unorthodox in the method for finding lead enterprise customers. I'd have thought that Skype would look to natural partners – eBay corporate, PayPal or some friendly enterprise to work through the value proposition and feature requirements. Maybe Skype should implement a direct sales force (or have they?) to approach target customers directly.